Terms & Conditions
Article 1. Scope of Application
- 1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by the laws and regulations applicable and / or generally accepted practices.
- 2. When the Hotel enters into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violet the laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 2. Application for Accommodation Contracts
1. A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall provide the Hotel with the following information:
- Name of the Guest(s) ;
- Date of Accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- Accommodation charges (based, in principle, on the basic accommodation charges listed in Attached Table N0.1) ; and
- Any other particulars required by the Hotel
- 2. If, during his stay, the Guest requests an extension of the accommodation beyond the date as specified in subparagraph (2) of the preceding paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Article 3. Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
- 1. A Contract for Accommodation shall be considered as completed when the Hotel accepts the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, this does not apply if it is confirmed that the Hotel has not accepted the said application.
- 2. When a Contract for Accommodation is completed in accordance with provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of the basic accommodation charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days if the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- 3. The deposit shall be used, first, to pay the guest’s total accommodation charges, second, to pay the cancellation charges under Article 6 and third, for reimbursement under Article 18 as applicable. The remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment of accommodation charges, as stated in Article 12.
- 4. If the Guest fails to pay the deposit by the date stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall consider the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed by the Hotel of the period of payment of the deposit.
Article 4. Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- 1. Notwithstanding provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract under which no accommodation deposit is required, following completion of the Contract as stipulated in the same paragraph.
- 2. If the Hotel does not request payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and does not specify deposit payment date, at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract is accepted, it shall be treated as though the Hotel has accepted a special contract as described in the preceding paragraph.
Article 5. Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
- (1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- (2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available.
- (3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the law or act against public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation.
- (4) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed to be a member of or be linked to a crime syndicate, organized crime groups or any antisocial organizations.
- (5) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be detected as a corporation or other groups of which business activities are under control of a crime syndicate or organized crime groups.
- (6) When the Guest seeking accommodation is a corporate company which its director is proven to be a member of an organized crime syndicate.
- (7) When the Guest seeking accommodation has used violence in making demands of the accommodation facilities or its employees, or has requested the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden.
- (8) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- (9) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of hotel facilities and / or other unavoidable causes.
- (10) When a guest requesting hotel accommodations is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other uests, or when a guest is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests. When the provisions of Article 5 of Osaka Prefecture ordinance are applicable.
Article 6. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
- 1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
- 2. When the Guest cancels the Accommodation Contract in whole or part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except when the Hotel has requested payment of deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest cancels before the payment), the Guest shall pay a cancellation charge as listed in Attached Table No.2. However, when a special contract, as informed of the obligation to pay a cancellation charge in the event the Guest makes such a cancellation.
- 3. When a Guest does not appear by 20:00. on the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival when the Hotel is notified ahead of time) without advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as cancelled by the Guest.
Article 7. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
1. The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following conditions:
- When the Guest is considered liable to conduct, or has conducted, himself in a manner contrary o the law or act against public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and / or other causes of force majeure;
- When a guest requesting hotel accommodations is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests, or when a guest is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests. When the provisions of Article 5 of Osaka Prefecture ordinance are applicable.
- When the Guest is deemed to be a member of or be linked to a crime syndicate, organized crime groups or any antisocial organizations.
- When a corporate company or an organization is detected to be under control of a crime syndicate or organized crime group(s) in its business activities.
- When a corporate company or an organization is proven to employ a director who is a member of an organized crime syndicate.
- When the Guest has used violence in making demands of the accommodation facilities or its employees, or has requested the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden.
- When a Guest engages in prohibited behavior, such as smoking in bed, damaging the fire-fighting facilities or other prohibited action stipulated by the Hotel in the Use Regulations (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid starting fires).
- When the protest movement or harassment for the Hotel Guest (the sponsors and user such as banquets), are expected, and the Hotel judges that the other Guests and neighborhoods are troubled.
- 2. When the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the provision of the preceding paragraph, the Hotel is not entitled to charge the Guest for any future services during the contractual period which he has not yet been offered.
Article 8. Registration
1. The Guest shall register the following information at the front desk of the Hotel on the day
- Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest (s);
- Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan (Japanese excepted).
- Date and estimated time of departure; and
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- 2. When a Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler’s checks, coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Article 9. Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
- 1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 15:00 to 11:00 the next day. However, when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy his room all day long, except for the arrival and departure days.
2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be levied, as follows:
- Up to 3 hours …… 30% of the room charge
- Up to 6 hours …… 50% of the room charge
- More than 6 hours: 100% of the room charge
Article 10. Observance of Use Regulations
Article 11. Business Hours
1. The business hours of the main facilities, etc., of the Hotel are as follows, and those of
other facilities, etc., shall be given in detail in brochures provided, notices displayed in each place, service directories in guest rooms and by other means.
Service hours of front desk, cashier’s desk, etc.
- A.Entrance opens 24 hours daily.
- B. Front service
- ・・・・・・・・・・24 hours daily
- C. Exchange service
- ・・・・・・・・・24 hours daily
- 2. The business hours specified in the preceding paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes in the Hotel. In such cases, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Article 12. Payment of Accommodation Charges
- 1. The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
- 2. Accommodation charges, etc., as stated in the preceding paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency or by such other means as traveler’s cheques, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel or at the front desk at the time the Guest departs or upon request by the Hotel.
- 3. Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel.
Article 13. Liabilities of the Hotel
- 1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damage caused to the Guest by the Hotel in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and / or related agreements. However, the same does not apply when such damage is the result of causes for which the Hotel is not liable.
- 2. The Hotel has received the “PASS MARK” issued by the Fire Department and covered by the Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and / or other disasters.
Article 14. Procedure When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
- 1. The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable, with the consent of the Guest.
- 2. When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
Article 15. Handling of Deposited Articles
- 1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest to report its kind and value but the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000yen.
- 2. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, except in case of the damage caused through intention or gross negligence on the part of the Hotel, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000yen.
Article 16. Custody of Guest’s Baggage and / or Belongings
- 1. When a Guest’s baggage is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be responsible for keeping it only when such request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
- 2. When a Guest’s baggage or belongings are found left behind after the Guest’s check-out,and ownership of the articles is confirmed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the articles and ask for further instructions. When no instructions are given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the Hotel shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it is found, and after this period, shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
Article 17. Liability in Regard to Parking
Article 18. Liability of the Guest
Attached Table No.1.
Calculation method for accommodation charges, etc.
|Total charges for guest||Contents||Tax Calculation|
|Accommodation Charges (1)||①Basic lodging charges
|Consumption tax 10% of(①+②)|
|Additional Charges (2)||④Food and beverage charges
|Consumption tax 10% of(④+⑤)|
Remarks-Attached Table No.1.
1.Adults and children are charged the same rates at this hotel; however, children’s rate may be established separately depending on circumstances. In this case a notice will be given through suitable means. This rate is applied to children under 12 years old.
Attached Table No.2
Cancellation Charge (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6 )
|Contracted number of guest||number of people||No show||Accommodation day||1 day prior to accommodation||9 days prior to accommodation||20 days prior to accommodation|
|individual||1 to 14||100%||100%||100%||–||–|
|Group||15 to 99||100%||100%||100%||10%||–|
|Group||100 and more||100%||100%||100%||20%||10%|
Remarks-Attached Table No.2.
- 1. Based on hotel deals, plans, or other special agreements otherwise planned by the Hotel, cancellation fee which differ from this Table 2 may be stipulated. For group bookings, the cancellation fee which is provided when the contract is concluded shall be precedence over this Table 2.
- 2. The percentages signify the rate of cancellation charge to the basic accommodation charges.
- 3. When the number of days contracted is shortened, cancellation charge for the first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- 4. When part of a group booking (for 15 persons or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 10 days prior to the occupancy (when accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy, as of the date) with fractions counted as a whole number.
- 5. When the Hotel enters into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violet the laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.